2. Last night was NOT fun. I had a "Come to Jesus" meeting with "The Teenager", Preston and Carter. It involved my voice having to be raised more than I am comfortable with and shedding a few tears...I can't even tell you the last time I cried because I can't remember. Teenagers are not fun. They think their parents know nothing, and they are entitled to everything. I was nothing like that....right? I had to get onto Preston and Carter because they have been arguing with each other constantly. Over everything. Stupid, silly things like who finished first, who has the most, whose toy it is....I.cannot.stand.it. I finally had enough last night, and I lost it on their precious little rear ends. I felt like I had been sent back in a time machine to my own childhood and had become my mother. I remember her saying to my sister, brother and I, "I cannot take y'all anywhere because all you do is argue!!" Pay backs really are a "you know what." This too shall pass...atleast that's what the Bible says.
3. Preston has a baseball tourney this weekend, and Monday Ryan and I are planning to spend the day at the pool with the kids. That.sounds.fantastic.
4. We are in the homestretch for the 2009-2010 school year...4 school days left. I can smell the sunscreen already.
5. The Soladay Caliventure is only 10 days away, and I have so much to do to get ready for the trip. I completely lost focus since the move but will take advantage of being kid free next weekend to finish up. It really is going to be such a fantastic time for our family and a much needed getaway to kick off the summer. Awesome.
6. I watched the Real Housewives of New York from last week on DVR yesterday. What.is.up.with.that.Kelly.chick. Did she really just have a mental breakdown on television? It was almost uncomfortable watching. All they all crazy?
7. Preston beat the pants off Ryan in Scrabble on Wednesday night. I think he might be a little genious.
8. I will dearly miss seeing Carter and Preston at school every single day next year. I will miss being called "Mrs. Soladay" in the hallway by kids whom I have never met but know me just because I am a teacher in their school. I will miss the kindergarteners saying, "Hi, Carter's mom!" when I walk through the cafeteria. So many things I will miss.
9. I have done my usual end-of-year check up with all four of the boys' teachers to briefly find out if they are finishing their grade level where they should and what would be something we could work on with them over the summer to keep their brains from turning to mush over the next 3 months. Austin did well on all the TAKS tests (math, reading & writing) this year, getting commended in writing, and has made it through 7th grade. I really think a fresh start at a new school next year will be a good thing for Austin. School has never come easy for him, and he's realizing that he will have to put forth a little...or a lot...more effort to be where we all know he can be. Preston finished strong as he usually does and continues to love school. Trysten has made so much progress this year, and we're super proud of him. Way to go, T!! His teacher gave us some ideas of and sent home some things we could do with him over the summer. I cannot believe Carter is almost done with his first year of school. It's hard to imagine him as a first grader! His teacher said he is finishing the year well above where a kindergartener should be, so very we're proud of him as well. We'll make sure he's reading all summer, so all his hard work continues to pay off. He absolutely bloomed this year and has become so responsible with his school work, getting out his homework at night to complete and writing constantly. Makes a mama happy, and we're allowed to brag on our little guys every now and then, right?!
10. Yesterday in the car, Trysten and Carter had a discussion about the age in which a person usually starts needing a cane to walk. Trysten said about 65 and Carter said 40. I love listening to their perspectives on life, and according to Carter, I will be needing a cane in less than 5 years. Nice.
That's all I have!
Have a fantastic weekend, and a wonderful