1. Another laid back day here.
Trysten went back to his mom's this morning, "The Teenager" has been sent back to his dad's...we've experienced a downward slide in the attitude department again...tough love, friends...tough love...Carter and Preston are playing Monopoly, and I am putting laundry away while intermittently reading my third Jennifer Weiner novel this month.
2. Preston and Carter both had dental appointments yesterday, and while there, the dentist informed me that Preston needs braces now too. It's not that I didn't already know that, but I wasn't expecting it so soon since Austin is about to get them as well. Austin and Preston are now both going today for their orthodontic consultation. Cha ching. I can hear the money adding up already. People who say kids don't cost a lot of money are crazy. I don't get it...we pay all this freaking money for health insurance, and so little of it actually goes to pay for doctor visits, prescriptions, surgeries, etc....oh,ya. I forgot. We have to cover the cost of all the people that refuse to get insurance or refuse to pay their medical bills. Nice.
3. Yesterday in the car, Trysten and Preston were having a conversation about how many children they want to have when they get married. It went something like this:
T: I only want to have one kid.
P: I want to have 2 boys.
T: No, actually I want to have 2...a boy and a girl.
P: Why do you want a girl?
T: No, actually I want 2 boys so they can play and wrestle each other, but I'm not changing any diapers.
Me: What!? Why aren't you changing any diapers?
T: Because that's mostly the mom's job.
Me: What!? Don't you remember when Dad used to change Carter's diapers all the time?
T: Yes, but I still just think it's mostly the mom's job.
Random change of subject....
P: I don't ever want to get divorced.
T: Alli, do you have to go to court to get divorced?
P: Yes, that's why I don't ever want to do that.
Me: What do you guys think you have to do to not get divorced?
T: You have to not fight a lot, be nice to each other, and help each other do things.
P: You also have to say I love you all the time and kiss a lot like you and Ryan.
Giggles coming the backseat...
P: Oh, and the man has to take his wife on dates.
Out of the mouths of babes!
4. My boys go to their dad's tomorrow for the rest of the week and weekend, so Ryan and I are going to the Ranger game on Wednesday night for the third time in a week. I am loving the games..minus the immense amount of sweating which takes place during the entire 9 inning event. It's so much fun! We are definitely a baseball family right now. Preston starts practice for his team this weekend, with Austin and Carter following right after. I don't know how we're going to do it this year. Austin is playing baseball in a city league, as are Preston and Carter, and he's also playing football for his school. He really wasn't wanting to play both but decided that playing football would give him the chance to meet some kids since he's going into a brand new school and won't know anyone. In addition, Trysten is going to be playing basketball for the first time, so that means 4 kids in 4 sports, school work, family time...CRAZY time!
5. Do you know what a moonflower is? Don't feel bad. I had not a clue until we moved into our new home. The owner left one for us...barely alive...and said we could keep it or throw it away. Throw it away! No way! We have nurtured this little beauty, and it has grown like crazaay. The reason it is called a moonflower is that it only blooms at night with the prettiest white, fragrant flowers:
We have trained it grow on this trellis.
You know you're getting old when you and husband sit out on the patio at night and say, "Honey! Look! Another bloom just opened!"
6. Is it redneck to drink wine out of this:
I can't help myself. It's a Tervis Tumbler. Have you heard of them?
They are fantastic.
These cups come in every size imaginable, with any and every logo possible, are indestructible, don't sweat, keep liquids hot and cold, and come with a lifetime guarantee.
They are pricey, but well worth the cost. Lucky for us, Ryan's parents gave us an entire set for Christmas a few years ago, and we use them every single day.
So...am I a redneck for drinking wine in one?
Happy happy Tuesday, my friends!!