Here's my post
on all the
going on at
Casa de Soladay.
1. The boys are all registered for school! Have you ever run around collecting immunization records, replacing lost social security cards, filling out paper work, making copies of important documents, purchasing school supplies, helping your child choose his elective courses all while toting around 4 boys? I have. It was not fun. Not any small part of it was enjoyable. BUT, it's done, and we all survived.
2. Went to the dentist/orthodontist with the boys today. Again. Trysten had his teeth cleaned, while "The Teenager" and Preston had more prep work done for the big day next week. Pardon me as I digress here and say that Trysten has the best teeth ever. Really. They are perfectly straight like his daddy's. No braces will be needed for that kiddo.
3. Since we don't know for sure whether we're going to purchase the house we're in when our lease is up, I haven't wanted to spend a lot of money on things like fabric and trim for curtains, but the bare windows have been driving me crazy...so I was at Target and found some premade curtains in a fabric I liked, purchased 3, took them apart and sewed them back together to fit our windows. They're not perfect, but I love how cozy they make the room feel.
I've also added a few things to the mantle.
4. I took the boys to get haircuts yesterday, and while in the waiting area of Sports Clips, Carter whipped a tampon out of my purse in the most testosterone infested establishment ever and asked VERY loudly, "Mom, why do you still have this bathroom thing, and what do you do with it?" Nice. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die.
5. Do you have an iPhone? I do now. Yes, I finally joined the club and discovered the MOST addicting app that you must purchase and play with me. It's called Words With Friends and was actually created by 2 local guys.
It's basically Scrabble, and you can play with anyone who has an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. The great part is that you can have multiple games going on simultaneously since you might only add 1 or 2 words a day. I am a word game freak, so this is right up my alley. Ryan and I finished our first game together yesterday after playing for about 4 days. It's fun because you can leave messages to each other which your opponent sees when it's his/her move. If you are already privy to this addiction, create a game with me! My username is Asoladay!!!
That's it, my friends!