2. I was at Hobby Lobby the other day, and Christmas decor is up in full force. WTH?! Really? Could we get through fall first? Seeing all the pumpkins, scarecrows, and little bundles of hay did get me excited though. I can't wait to decorate for fall this year with our front porch.
3. I have been to the dentist office so much lately that when I walk in, the whole front office says, "Hey, you again." Stage 1 of braces began Tuesday. Preston and Austin had the spacers put in, and "The Teenager" proceeded to take one out after being home for an hour or so because "It hurt so bad." Uh...hello. It's supposed to hurt. IT'S MOVING YOUR TEETH TO MAKE WAY FOR BRACES. Can you tell I am a little irritated with him at the moment?
4. Speaking of irritated, "The Teenager" had a friend spend the night on Monday and Tuesday, and he is no longer allowed to come back. I spent a few minutes standing outside Austin's door late Tuesday night listening to them talk while they were playing a video game, and I was shocked at some of the things being said. Wow. That kid had some choice words to say. I opened up the door, gave Austin "the look", and closed it leaving Austin to stew over what the consequences would be in the morning. He was already in trouble for running down the stairs and yelling while I was trying to have a phone conversation. Needless to say, it's going to be a long, lonely weekend for my child in his room.
5. My boys are at their dad's until tomorrow, so it's just Trysten and I hanging out today. He has already requested a meatball sub for lunch, so meatballs it is. Sweet boy. He's also going with me to run errands...which he hates....and to an appointment with a new customer who has a pool...which will make up for the errands he will have to endure.
6. It feels so weird not having to attend staff developments and prepping a classroom for 26 new students. Weird, but good.
7. The golf cart is being painted and seats changed to black as we speak, and should be home by late tomorrow. Stay tuned for pics. The boys...which includes Ryan...are so excited!
Happy Thursday, my friends!!